A collection stores all student judgements/pathways and grades for a particular period in the school year. These periods commonly correspond to a school's assessment calendar dates. Once a collection has closed, teachers will be unable to modify any data for that collection, unless the DPR administrator re-opens the collection.
School's should create a new collection once the previous collection has ended to allow the migration of data. When data is migrated to a new collection it will copy all pathways, judgements and grades from the previous collection.
The general cycle of a data collection is:
- A collection is created
- Teachers can update their data (judgements and grades) throughout this cycle until the end date
- The collection closes at the end date and the data entered is locked in and can be exported by the administrator to carry out any required analysis
- A new collection is opened and data is migrated from the previous collection to the new collection
- Once the data has been migrated teachers can continue updating grades and judgements throughout the year.
You do not need to create every collection for the academic year as part of the setup process, these should be created as you near the end of a prior collection. When creating additional collections, you will need to use the "wizard" within the data collection page to migrate data from one collection to the next.
Creating a Collection
- Navigate to ‘Data Collection’
- Select ‘NEW COLLECTION’
- Follow the instructions on the wizard to complete the configuration of the new collection