Key objectives are organised under pathways, most commonly, pathways A, B, C and D (with pathway A being the most challenging). Although you are not limited to 4 pathways, this is a good base to start with.
Each pathway is linked to a different set of key objectives for a subject, so by assigning students different pathways, you are essentially assigning students to different sets of key objectives depending on their needs.
Please read this article on allocating pathways for more information.
Once your Heads of Departments have finalised the key objectives for their departments you can upload them onto DPR in two ways via curriculum builder.
Uploading Key Objectives via a CSV file
An example of CSV can be found attached to this article.
- Under curriculum builder, select ‘import key objectives’
- This will open up a wizard, follow the steps to upload your key objectives
Manually create or edit Key Objectives
- Under Curriculum builder select the relevant subject area
- Select the relevant subject
- Select the required year group and click on ‘NEW PATHWAY’
- Give the pathway a letter (e.g. A, B, C or D) and provide an initial key objective via the description field. Then click submit
- Your key objective will appear under the subject
- You can edit, move and delete the key objectives by hovering over the key objectives and the icons will appear
- When you move the key objectives the numbers will automatically update sequentially